14 Oct Breaking from WCME News 9: Boothbay Fire Cause Determined
A child playing with matches–that turns out to be the cause of last weekend’s fire on Pleasant Cove Road in Boothbay claiming the lives of two men and bringing injuries to four other people. Investigators say the couch in the living room caught fire and flames quickly spread throughout the two story house. No charges are planned because of the age of the child who will be referred to counseling. Investigators say the home had three working smoke detectors.